What it is:
A buying group for office supplies to help advice organisations minimise their costs.
There is a core list of 127 items that are the most commonly bought items between the 50+ organisations that are part of the group. These offer the most competitive prices and have been negotiated on specifically (and are reviewed with the potential of a decrease, quarterly).
Core list prices are fixed (exempting a decrease) for the year (these run in 12 month cycles). LLST will then organise a re-tender to ensure the prices remain as competitive as possible.
There is no minimum spend, no exclusivity and no pressure to buy.
Free next day delivery with every order (must be pre 4pm if outside London).
Any registered charity or organisation in the UK that provide or facilitate free legal advice to those in need. LLST do not get any % or benefits separate to the group – this is a scheme for the benefit of all who are part of it equally.
When an agency expresses interest in the scheme LLST share the core list of prices and products with them. If the agency have any cheaper prices or different core products LLST can negotiate these for the group.
If an agency decides to join the scheme they need to be introduced by LLST but then will liaise directly with the supplier, but their orders will be counted with others in the group, thereby saving money.
The legal and financial relationships exist entirely between the organisation and the supplier – they will invoice you, provide credit etc entirely separately from the group. The shared element is purely the pricing and negotiation on that.
Email email@example.com with “Stationery Buying Group” as the subject line and we will send you more details and how to sign up.
These resources have been compiled by the London Legal Support Trust as part of their “making every penny count” project to help the advice sector save money on expenditure.
If you have any thoughts on schemes that you have used, resources that could be signposted to, or you have suggestions for the other areas where a group buying scheme may be beneficial then please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- JusticeWatch: ‘We’ve been waiting for doomsday since the millennium’ - 24th January 2020
- JusticeWatch: ‘It’s payback time…’ - 17th January 2020
- JusticeWatch: Legal aid is for everyone - 10th January 2020
- JusticeWatch: Seasons greetings - 20th December 2019
- JusticeWatch: The morning after the night before - 13th December 2019
- JusticeWatch: Rehabilitation – not revenge - 6th December 2019
- JusticeWatch: Election manifestos compared - 29th November 2019
- JusticeWatch: Manifesto promises and perverse incentives - 22nd November 2019
- JusticeWatch: Death by a thousand cuts - 15th November 2019
- JusticeWatch: Two-tier justice - 8th November 2019