Legal Sponsored Walks
Around 40 “Legal Walk” fundraising events take place each year around the UK (excl. Northern Ireland) and charities that provide free advice services to those in need can use these to raise funds 100% for themselves.
The walks are usually 10km, there is no entry fee and no minimum or maximum team size!
Each geographical area is covered by a local “Legal Support Trust” who organise the event, and your organisation can join in with it just like any other team. The difference is that once the funds have all been collected in (online through fundraising webpages and offline through gift aid forms etc) then all of the funds your organisation has raised are granted back to you without deduction.
For walks that take place in London or the South East go to www.llst.org.uk to find out more and sign up
For walks that take place in the rest of England, Wales and Scotland you can see the full list at www.atjf.org.uk
Other events in London and the South East
The London Legal Support Trust organises some other events and buys places in external events as well which means that as an advice organisation you can join in on those at minimal risk (they do ask for the entry fee of any event that charges one to be covered) with the rest of the fundraising then going to your organisation. Your participants are treated just like all the others in the group, meaning you have minimal organisation to do or risk to see if your supporters would get involved.
Some examples are
- Walk the Thames – a half or full walking marathon in October
- Survival of the Fittest, London – a muddy 10km obstacle race
- British 10km – famous 10km running race around London’s iconic monuments
To see what events are coming up and sign up just go to www.llst.org.uk/our-events
These resources have been compiled by the London Legal Support Trust as part of their “making every penny count” project to help the advice sector save money on expenditure.
If you have any thoughts on schemes that you have used, resources that could be signposted to, or you have suggestions for the other areas where a group buying scheme may be beneficial then please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Money-saving - 23rd February 2016
- Money raising - 23rd February 2016
- Franking Machine Group Offer - 23rd February 2016
- Group deals for Photocopiers / Printers - 23rd February 2016
- Discounted Software Licences – Microsoft, Abode, Symantec etc - 23rd February 2016
- Office 365 – cloud based email server - 23rd February 2016
- Clio Case Management System - 23rd February 2016
- Salesforce – free CRM / Cloud Based Database - 23rd February 2016
- Skilled Volunteers - 23rd February 2016
- The Great Legal Bake: An unusual mix? - 6th March 2014