The Lord Chief Justice, the Master of the Rolls, the Attorney General and the Director of Public Prosecutions all joined the walkers.
‘At a time of deep cuts to the public purse, including legal aid and local government budgets, the funds raised by the London Legal Walk are needed more than ever,’ commented Michael Todd QC, chairman of the Bar Council. John Wotton, president of the Law Society, called the event ‘a highlight of the legal calendar’ ‘It raises vital funds for free legal advice in the capital and South East. It represents the unity of the legal community in support of access to justice.’
Susan Silver, president of Chartered Institute of Legal Executives , said in the context of of LASPO Bill, charities like the Legal Support Trust were ‘more important now than ever before’.
- Privacy Notice - 25th May 2018
- Five years after the riots – and not a single lesson learned - 28th June 2016
- EVENT: Working in Partnerships and Health - 4th March 2014
- ‘LASPO survival’ conference: book now - 31st May 2013
- On PCT - 22nd May 2013
- Ministers ‘out of touch with voters’ on legal aid - 21st May 2013
- May 22: ‘Justice for sale’ rally - 15th May 2013
- £67m worth of awards through transition fund - 15th May 2013
- LALY 2013 shortlist announced - 15th May 2013
- Truckload of trouble - 2nd May 2013