The leading defence firm Cartwright King is to move into the Worth West through a merger with Garstangs Burrows Bussin. At the beginning of the year the firm merged with The First Law Partnership making it one of the largest defence firms in the country.
The latest merger takes place at the starts of July and it will mean the firm will have 17 offices.
The move welcomes three new directors, Mike Garstang, Richard Cornthwaite and Anthony Harris and 20 staff, bringing Cartwright King’s enlarged firm to over 250 employees. ‘I am delighted to announce this merger, which will not only boost Cartwright King’s presence in the capital, but give us a significant footprint in the North West – the new Northern powerhouse,’ commented Rupert Hawke, managing director of Cartwright King. Garstangs Burrows Bussin is ‘a highly respected firm, with a formidable reputation and its team’s ethos and progressive, modern approach fits exceptionally well with Cartwright King’s culture and focus’, he added. The enlarged firm, with its new areas of expertise and wider geographical footprint, is of benefit to all parties as well as to our clients.”
‘We are confident that the merger of Cartwright King and Garstangs Burrows Bussin will create a truly national law firm, with an unrivalled depth of experience and skill sets,’ said Richard Cornthwaite, partner at Garstangs Burrows Bussin. The firm says that the merger ‘represents a key development in Cartwright King’s continuing expansion plans, and we welcome enquiries from firms across the UK’.
- JusticeWatch: LegalVoice to close - 20th March 2020
- JusticeWatch: Worse than LASPO? - 13th March 2020
- JusticeWatch: Keep calm - 6th March 2020
- JusticeWatch: Crumbs from the table - 28th February 2020
- JusticeWatch: Legal aid’s failing safety net - 21st February 2020
- JusticeWatch: And so the ‘headlong rush into impetuous reform’ begins - 14th February 2020
- JusticeWatch: The Brenda agenda - 7th February 2020
- JusticeWatch: Is the Justice System Failing Women? - 31st January 2020
- JusticeWatch: ‘We’ve been waiting for doomsday since the millennium’ - 24th January 2020
- JusticeWatch: ‘It’s payback time…’ - 17th January 2020